an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summertime, and the living is...

Another hot (I should have said HOT!) day in Virginia. We are anxiously awaiting the Scouts to come tomorrow. I think all the exhibits are up (or will be after a long night tonight). The Trading Post was closed this morning for Church. I headed to the Staff Dining Hall in Area B for the Church of Christ service conducted by the MCCS (Members of the Church of Christ for Scouting). They had 10,000 Bibles printed to distribute here and have approximately 17 or 18 Chaplins here to work with all the Subcamps. They are conducting Services all over the Jamboree site next Sunday and will present the Bibles to those who attend. I met lots of CofC Scouters and wanted to visit with them afterwards but I had to run to get my car to the "Dead Storage". It had to be removed from the Jamboree site for the duration. I got it parked, caught the bus back and ran to my 11:00 meeting (10 minutes late).

I worked on the first shift today and the customers were steady. (They told us that our Trading Post brought in $138,000 on our first day and the Scouts have not even arrived yet.) We closed at 5:00 today because there was supposed to be a big arena show for the staff tonight. Unfortunately, a storm was headed this way and we secured the tents and prepared for the worst. We received only a welcome reduction in the heat. The men of "Tent 2" declared themselves the "Broken Chair Patrol" due to two broken chairs already. Here is a photo of the group.

Ian called tonight from D.C. He is having a GREAT time. I hope to be at the site tomorrow when they arrive. It will be good to see the kiddo. I think Keri is missing us too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home