an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Irritable and Hot With No Place To Sit!

Trading Post C opened this morning and the crowd was lined up around the corner. Most of them were looking for one of the limited edition items with only 2010 produced. Once those are gone, the numbers will die back down. However, each day of the jamboree we will be selling a "Patch of the Day". These represent some special event of the day and may only be purchased in the Trading Post beginning at 9:00 each day when the TP opens. They are only producing 2010 of each patch and dividing them between the three TPs. The crowd will be huge and there will be many people disappointed. Staff must find someone to stand in line for them but that person can only buy one. Therefore they can either buy one for themselves or one for me. It is an impossible situation that is going to create more problems then they can imagine. I'm just glad that I'm not the "genius" that thought of this scheme.

Last night they had a barbecue for the staff. For some strange reason, we were sent to Wilcox Dining Hall instead of Longstreet (right next door). Most of us didn't have cars and the meal was around 8 miles away. It was an interesting task getting everyone to supper.

I am amazed at the extent of the jamboree. The footprint is approximately 3 miles by 5 miles and every inch of it is packed with events or people. I drove over to Ian's campsite and we are literally at opposite ends of the 5 mile stretch. Needless to say, we will need to take the bus.

I begin work this evening. My shift runs from 6:30 - 9:30. Things were pretty rough this morning, but I'm hoping they will have straightened out the problems before then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home