an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, May 16, 2011

Arkansas is Getting Hot So We're Off to Africa!

We are off again. I am not dead, but my daily life tends to be less exciting so I blog about the exciting things. Ian and I, along with 2 other speech-language pathologists, 11 of my students, one pharmacy professor and three students, one occupational therapist and her student, and several others are heading back to Zambia. It is never an easy trip. We fly to Chicago, Washington D.C. (spend the night), fly out Wednesday morning to Rome, then to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Harare, Zimbabwe, and finally to Lusaka, Zambia on Thursday afternoon. One doesn't drive in Zambia at night so we will spend Thursday night in Lusaka and across Zambia (5-6 hours) to Namwianga on Friday.

I will post updates and photos when we have electricity. Keep us in your prayers. I can't wait to see how my kiddos are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home