an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, May 21, 2011

An African Day Washed Clean

What a storm last night! All the locals are saying that they have never had that much rain here in May. We were even accused of bringing it in our suitcases. The logistics are difficult. We don't have enough transportation until Monday, so we made multiple trips where ever we went. The kiddos at the Haven were wonderful. Little Hamilton is big and fat and a delight to play with. Kritz has moved to the toddler house and is acting more normal but there are still some problems. I still wish we could take him home with us.

We went to Kalomo in shifts today. The locals are very aware that the makuas are back in town because the chitanges were going for 10,000 to 20,000 each instead of the standard 8,000 or so. I managed to get a Manchester United chitange for 8,000 so was feeling pretty smug.

Still having trouble posting photos. I am going to put them all in a file and post them as I am able.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home