an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Africa Freedom Day

Today is African Freedom Day, a holiday celebrated throughout Africa. All the offices and stores are closed and the schools are off on holiday. There was a big futball (soccer) match on the field between Namwianga and a community around 40 kilometers away. There was cheering and celebration when Namwianga won.

We worked with our kiddos today and now have our process in place. We also met with all the workers tonight to prepare them for the possibility of an infant death. Most of them have been shielded from death but here it is a daily reality and Beckie and I felt they needed to be prepared.

Check out the blogs of many of our students linked on the left. Many of my friends have shifted to Facebook and do a running status report of their comings and goings and no longer maintain their blogs. I continue to keep a blog as a type of journal of my adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home