an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hiking Through the Bush

There is a shortcut between the Mann and Hamby houses and the Havens. It only saves a few minutes, but it cuts through the bush. Since everyone cannot fit in Khaki Jackie (our name for our Land Cruiser) some need to walk each day. It is about a mile and a half. Here is a photo of Ian on the trail and another photo of Liz, Cari, and Lauren. I actually enjoy it. The option is to walk around on the dirt road.

We are truly into a routine now. The only problem today involved other kids wanting to be a part of the special sessions we have going. I kept redirecting them, but they were determined.

We met with Mr. George Phiri this afternoon. I think he is still considering how we can get the speech therapy class going with the students here. He also mentioned that the community is planning another big welcome back for us so that is yet to come. I mentioned that Ian wanted to talk to him about his Clean Delivery Kit Eagle Project and he was excited. We will schedule that in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home