an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Saturday Break

We all enjoyed a day off today. Most of us went into town to do some shopping at the market after breakfast. There was only one vehicle going so we had to go in shifts. There were more aggressive drunks/pot heads then I have ever seen before. We don't usually go in on a Saturday morning so this may be typical. Many of the stalls and shops were not open. I took those who were with me to some of the shops on into the market. Unfortunately, the shop with the chitanges that I wanted was closed. There are many Seventh Day Adventists here and so many shops and stalls are always closed on Saturday. Ian had stayed with David at Eric's House last night and I ran into he and David in town. It makes me happy that he feels so comfortable here.

After lunch, I read and many others headed up to the Haven to be with the kiddos. One of our special kids even smiles and imitated "bubbles" in response to some that they had taken up. Others watched movies and played soccer. There were several kids watching so I pulled out my camera. They immediately started mugging. They were cute, but they were eating something black out of a coke bottle. I didn't ask too many questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home