an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Celebrations & Goodbyes

I am enjoying being back in Arkansas and having time to spend with Keri and my Mom. I'm also trying to catch up at the office. It will be a busy July and August with the need to move offices (again), and get ready for the new graduate class. Good news however! Due to a glitch in the CAA accreditation online reporting system, we have been given a reprieve in submitting our accreditation report/application. Our report is now due in February with the CAA Accreditation visit in the Fall 2012.



Had a wonderful July 4th visit with Mom and a perfect view of the Altus fireworks from St. Mary's Mountain. Mom also had a good time! I really missed Dad this year. He would have loved the perfect viewing spot.


This past week also contained the SURPRISE announcement that Yarnell's Ice Cream was closing its doors immediately. The only ice cream available was already on the shelves. We bought some. It has been so much a part of Searcy that I'm grieving its loss. I'm not a big ice cream eater, but I can't imagine Christmas time without Yarnell's Peppermint ice cream, and I'm really going to miss their new Lemon Icebox Pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home