an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

High Tea, a Lunar Rainbow and a Lunar Eclipse

Today has been eventful. We began out tourist agenda today and will spend three days here in Livingstone, Zambia, with a side trip to Botswana. Several students and a supervisor went to the Haven this morning to make up some hours lost due to sickness. The remaining half headed for Livingstone. We had to make two trips because there wasn't enough transportation to get us all here. I rode down with Beckie (about 130 kilometers), dropped the group off and headed back to Namwianga for the second group. We made it to the Protea-Livingstone about 14:45 and had to start the shuttle to The Royal Livingstone for high-tea. Here is a photo of Beckie, Tammie and I after tea, with the Zambezi River behind us. The monkeys were in rare form and were trying to steal all the sugar packets so this employee is using a sling-shot to discourage them. We saw three giraffes on the way in. It really is very elegant. We sat on the deck until the sun set, and then began the shuttle to Victoria Falls.

Tonight was the lunar rainbow with an extra treat of a complete lunar eclipse. I could get no good photos of the moon-bow or the eclipse but I think some of the group captured it. Ellie also drove down hoping to capture it for a future postcard and photograph. I hope she was able to get a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home