an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, May 25, 2012

Africa Freedom Day

Today is Africa Freedom Day, a holiday in Zambia, as well as most of Africa.  All offices and schools were closed.  However, we finished off our week with the kiddos.  We really are here to provide clinical services and have to take advantage of every spare minute to get it done.  We are already beginning to see progress and once again, I can see why this is such a valuable project.

The diarrhea that began with me spread through Ian and now four of five of the students.  I think I had the worst case because I thought I was going to die on Wednesday (and at time wished I would).  I am on the mend now and supervised therapy Thursday and today, but I still don't feel very good.  I slept well last night however, and I should recover.

We head to Choma tomorrow.  There is a wonderful craft museum there where we get some nice things and there is a much bigger market that is always great to see.  We are all going on the bus since Khaki Jackie has suffered battery failure.  No amount of charging or popping the clutch would bring her back to life this time.  We need to wait until someone can go to Livingstone to get a new battery.  Life here is really like it was in rural America in the 1930s.

Greetings to the few that are following.  I would appreciate some responses from anyone who is interested and I will try to answer questions.  If you see the responses from DCT and worry about me talking to myself on my own blog, it's not as bad as it looks.  Keri is signed in in Searcy and whenever she answers it looks like me.  Keri, we wish you were here.  We are doing fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home