an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Catch-Up

The past few days have been fairly routine.  The stomach bug is making its way around but only one or two are out at a time.  Beckie and I finally met with Mr. George Phiri this morning when he stopped by the house before breakfast.  There is still a possibility that the class will meet but there seems to have been a change in schedule which makes to difficult to schedule.  We shall see.  Beckie is the supervision floater, so she will try to schedule it in if and when it is arranged.

The "gangs" from the primary school are very interested in everything we are doing at The Haven.  Yesterday, several were playing in the yard with their "sling shots" and they posed for a photo.  It is amazing how accurate they are with these things.  I never saw them miss what they were aiming at (poor grammar but you get the point). The staff at the Royal Livingstone use these to keep the monkeys at bay.

I got this photo this morning of the Land Rover and the side yard to the Hamby House.  It seemed like a very good "African" shot to me.  I really love the weather here.  It is pleasant during the day and cool at night.  Much better then back in Arkansas.


 Heath is one of my favorite kiddos from last year.  He has had this expression in every photo I have ever taken, but I liked how this one turned out.  I may use it as a title slide on a future PowerPoint presentation.  If we could only get him talking.

The last photo here is a towel that was laying in the bathroom this morning.  Remember that I am in the middle of Sub-Saharan Africa and this is my in-laws monogram.  I've never known them to have brown towels, but it was still a shock.  I am curious where they came from.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home