an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, November 05, 2007

Changing of the Guard


After Chapel this morning, Keri, Ian and I headed out to see the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. We thought we were early and would get a good spot to watch but forgot that we were dealing with other tourists and not people from England. When we arrives (90 minutes early) there was no place anywhere near the fence so we followed Suze's advice and headed for the barracks to watch them emerge on their way to the palace. We had a good view of the band and the guard and I tried another video. I will post it if possible. There is supposed to be a way to capture individual pictures from movies and I am trying to figure that out before the Opening of Parliament tomorrow.

Since we were close, we ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe (the original and 1st). It was a great lunch and we enjoyed ourselves. The English waitress was asking all about our stay and seemed shocked when we mentioned that our lunch was costing around $85. I think it dawned on her why the numbers of Americans eating there had drastically decreased recently. It was our first time this trip and we will probably take our guests but certainly couldn't afford to go frequently.

We headed down to "shop" in Burlington's Arcade, Fortnum and Masons and Hatcher's which I have mentioned earlier. Then we caught the bus back to Tottenham Court Road so I could give a test. It's a hard life!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm loving these videos!

1:42 PM, November 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home