an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Greenwich

Following my morning classes, the group headed for Greenwich. There is so much to see there but we never have enough time to see it all. Today was no exception. We took the Underground and then the train to Greenwich and walked up to the Royal Observatory. This is the site of Greenwich Mean Time, as well as a beautiful view of London, the Queen's Palace, and the National Maritime Museum. The community of Greenwich looks like a nice place to explore as well, but we have never had time. We managed to see the sites at the Observatory and then headed back to the Thames for a ferry back to London on the Thames Clipper. I wanted to wait until dark because the trip back into the heart of London is wonderful with all city lights. It lived up to our expectations. The greatest part is that it only cost £2.50 with our Oyster card.

Aimee, Christina, Keri, Ian and I walked along the Embankment to see the Thames at night and then headed back to the Wagamamas near our flat for supper. All in all it was a nice day out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home