an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

HMS Belfast

After our outing yesterday to Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle, we planned for an easy day today. I taught class this morning and Ian worked on homework while Keri worked on the Thanksgiving dinner. Following lunch, Keri headed out to find additional groceries and Ian and I headed to tour the HMS Belfast. Ian has wanted to see it since we came to London in 2003. It was a good history of World War II and Ian wanted to see every inch of it. It is maintained as a part of the Imperial War Museum and is presented well with figures in most of the rooms engaged in whatever would have been done there.

We then rushed to meet Keri at Kennsington Palace for tea only to discover that it was closed for a special event. Maybe we will make it Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home