an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, November 19, 2007

Portsmouth and Salisbury

This past Tuesday, the group went to Portsmouth and toured the H.M.S. Victory, Lord Nelson's ship during the Battle of Trafalgar. We had really enjoyed it several years ago and I knew that Ian would love it. He did!! Unfortunately, I was at my meeting in Boston and missed the trip. Ian told me that the guide had said that Ian was the age of the kids that served as "powder monkeys" aboard the Royal Navy ships. He was thrilled, of course. I bought him a book about Lord Nelson but I have already sent it back to Searcy. We will need to read it when we get back. From there they went to Salisbury Cathedral. I'm afraid I don't have many details, but I wanted to record the trip in this blog of our adventures.

I, on the other hand, left Boston yesterday at 9:00 AM and arrived here 8:30 PM. Immigration went smoothly and I walked right through customs and headed down for the Underground. I was back home by 10:30. I sure wish we had this type of mass transit at home. It would make travel so much easier. Reagan and Sara have arrived and all well on their way to seeing everything in London in one week. If anyone can do it, Reagan can. They have gone to see Mary Poppins along with Keri. Ian and I are getting ready for bed. I almost feel like I'm home. It was a strange feeling heading back to London from Boston. I've always been glad to come here, but this time I had the feeling I was heading home. I must think about the implications of that when I have a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home