an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Off to Boston

I left yesterday (Monday) for several meetings in Boston. I left the flat three and a half hours before the flight and it was none too early. The trip Underground trip went smoothly and I'm beginning to think that the Underground really is the best way to get to and from Heathrow. Once I arrived at Heathrow, the lines started. There were lines to get the ticket, lines to go through security, lines to go through another security check to get shoes examines, lines to get passport checked, then additional lines for security at the ticket gate. I made it to the plane as they were boarding.

I must admit that American Airlines appears to be the airline to use for international travel. There was more leg room, a small movie screen on the seat in front of me with my choice of movies, two fairly good meals or snacks, and extremely helpful staff. Once in Boston, I took the bus directly from the airport to near the hotel. After checking in, I walked the great distance to downtown Boston to check out the location for my meeting today. It was good being back in the States but I found myself missing London. The thing I don't miss is the sea of humanity. It is possible to walk down the street without facing a roadblock of people coming right at you.

There will be no photos for awhile because I left the camera with Keri and Ian in London. I will add updates about their adventures when I return to London on Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I didn't know you were going to Boston to met Beckie! Hope ya'll have lots of fun together and learn a lot! Wish I was there to play but since I spent last week in Vegas, guess I have to work this week! (not like I played last week...I stayed in my room most of the time and studied for my Monday night class!)

11:01 AM, November 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home