an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, November 23, 2007

Loose Ends

It is hard to believe that we are approaching the end of our time here in London. With that in mind, we headed out today to do some of the errands we wanted to make sure we completed before we left. Keri purchased a Thomas Cook train book so that we could figure out the European train schedules. We then headed to Portobello Road so that Ian could pick out his soldiers. He has been looking at them the entire time we have been here but this is probably our last trip to the Portobello Road market since we leave a week from tomorrow. Andy Morant, the stall owner, gave him a great deal and he purchased all the ones he had his eye on for the amount of money he had. Then Andy gave him another one at which he had been looking for a Christmas present. He also brought me a mounted coronation coach horse to replace a broken one that I had at home. Through the years he has been so kind to us. We count him as one of our London friends.

From there we headed to Borough Market. Keri, Reagan and Sara had visited it while it was in full swing. It really is a must visit market for everyone to see. Unfortunately, we were running out of time (and I had another insulin reaction). We had great fish and chips and then headed to meet Reagan and Sara at the Kensington Palace Orangerie for tea. Fortunately, they were running late as well and we arrived at the same time. After a nice tea (in a warm environment) Reagan, Sara, Ian and I headed for Hamley's Toy Store while Keri headed back to Southwark Cathedral to meet Patricia for a concert.

Reagan and Sara headed for The Mouse Trap while Ian and I walked to Pizza Hut for supper. I know, I know, there were many other places we could have gone but Pizza Hut was easy. It is fun walking along Oxford Street and Regent Street now that all the Christmas lights are on. I really enjoy being in London at Christmas.

We plan to go to bed early tonight and catch up on some sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I am so jealous! Kenningston Palace is one of my favorite places to have tea! that brings back such wonderufl memories! I can't believe that its almost time fo you to come home...it seems like you just left! I know it really must feel that way for you!

9:23 PM, November 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home