an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

An Inauspicious Beginning

I must just face it.  Things are not beginning well for my return to Africa.  It began with leaving my phone in my office and realizing it too late to go back and get it.  Then the flight from Little Rock to Atlanta was delayed due to bad weather in Atlanta.  We sat on the ground for an hour in Little Rock and then had to circle for another hour.  We ended up getting to Atlanta two hours late and, although I rushed from B to E, my flight to Johannesburg  was pulling away from the gate when I got there.  They got me on the same flight tomorrow, but because it was a weather delay, Delta makes you pay for your own room for the night.  Without my phone, I can call no one so I made attempts from my hotel room with no answers.  Even Keri did not answer the times I called and did not listen to my messages.  I called the Harding Travel Service number but of course there was no one there either.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home