an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Back to Searcy

We returned to Searcy this morning after a 16 hour trans-Atlantic flight.  One of the Delta people in Jo-burg said that the Jo-burg to Atlanta flight was one of the top 5 longest flights.  I enjoyed leaving there at 8:30 at night and arriving in Atlanta at 6:30 the next morning.  With all the hours we lost, it still seems shorter than the same flight during the day.  I didn't sleep at all, but saw a number of movies.

Our last morning in Livingstone was spent packing and getting to the airport.  The international lounge is tiny and there are few services there.  It looks like they are building an addition that will probably be ready next year.  We had time to shop in the GREAT shops at the Jo-burg airport, but my card wouldn't work.  I ended up borrowing money to get something to eat.  I get tired of dealing with the fraud prevention unit when I travel.  They seem to ignore when I call and tell them which countries I plan to go to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home