an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Candle and Fire Light

The electricity has been on and off all day.  Of course, it is always off on Tuesday evenings from 18:00 (6:00pm) to 20:00 (8:00pm) as part of the roaming blackout, but today the electricity was out for several hours early morning, during the lunch hour through my class, and from 16:30-20:30 tonight.  It ended up being a great evening.  Justin built a fire in the fireplace and the Hamby's (Ellie, Kel and Cheryl) sat around and told early Zambia stories.  It was enchanting to be sitting in the candle and lamp light before a fire listening to stories about how it used to be here.  We laughed and laughed.

1 Comments:

Blogger David and Linda Gregersen said...

Dan, I have enjoyed reading about your adventures. I'm homesick for Zambia and wish I could be there, too! Give my greetings to Ian.
Linda

9:19 PM, June 12, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home