an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, June 03, 2012

"An American Zambian"

Today is the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.  I wish I could have seen some of it.  I especially wish I could have seen the flotilla as it moved down the Thames.  I guess I really am an Anglophile at heart.  I thought about asking Keri to record it but our system is messed up so I didn't see it.  I would so have enjoyed being there to see all the pomp.

One of the containers arrived today.  Ian was right in the middle of everything.  They had everything organized so all Ian could do was help get everything out and sorted.  I overheard someone ask one of the officials who the makua ([mə`kuə] white) was that was working so hard and the official said it was an "American Zambian".  Ian has earned a lot of respect here and I am so proud of him.  Many of his Clean Delivery Kits were in this container and I took many pictures for Ian's Eagle Project presentation.  He has now officially completed his Eagle Project.  He just has to write it up.

Tomorrow, we all work half a day and then head to Livingstone.  Ian and I will be taking Carla, one of the supervisors, to Victoria Falls, high tea at the Royal Livingstone and then to meet everyone else for the lunar rainbow.  More about that tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sou said...

Interesting article,well narrated story,i like photo you posted,keep posting...

4:46 AM, January 04, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home