an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Activity!!!!!!!





Most of you know that Keri and I did some volunteer work in the White House during the 90s.  It always amazed me when the President was approaching, everything kicked into high gear.  Well, the same thing has happened here. For the last several weeks, the activity has really picked up around here.  Work is always being done around here but the pace has quickened.  In Kalomo and Livingstone, people stop me and ask when Ms. Hamby is coming.  Ellie Hamby has returned to Namwianga and she joined us for dinner tonight along with her son Kel and James Estes.  Ba Leonard and Harold made a welcome cake with decorations.  Not to mention the apple cake he made for lunch.

Dixie, Ellie, Beckie and Kel
Just as everyone sat down for supper the power went out.  Ian jumped up to help Ba Leonard lite the lanterns and we had a peaceful dinner.  This photo is very bright because of the flash, but noone thinks twice about the power going off.  You expect it to be off several hours, and you reach into your pocket for your flashlight, which we all know to keep ready.

Hamilton
George and Jason
George and Jason stopped by The Haven to visit.  I've known these kids since 2008 and they are two of my many favorites.  George, the one on the left, was in my blog back in 2008.  At that time, I was one of the few people who could get him calmed down.  I remember those visits every time I see him.  Little Hamilton, the child we almost lost in 2010 to feeding problems and who had the cataracks last year, is a ball of energy now.

I taught anatomy to the George Benson Christian College class today.  They appeared very interested and asked many questions.  Unfortunately, they asked what they could do for "my father who was attacked by a stroke" and "my 7 year old nephew in a Western Province village who is unable to speak or to swallow without great difficulty".  Without actually seeing them, it is impossible to provide much assistance.  Hopefully, we will get these services available in Zambia soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home