an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Livingstone, Again

After our wonderful breakfast at the Protea, the HIZ-Path group headed back to Namwianga and Ian and I stayed in Livingstone with Carla, the supervisor returning to the States today.  We took her to the Livingstone Craft Market and the Kubu Crafts shop that has moved to the Shop Rite Shopping Centre.  She purchased a couple of things but seemed ready to go.

Mama giraffe near Victoria Falls (taken by Ian Tullos)
Ian and I messed around after dropping Carla at the airport at 11:00 before needing to be back to pick up the new supervisor that was coming in on the British Air flight.  Carol, and her daughter Laurel arrived and we began the Dan Tullos tour of Livingstone.  Those of you who know me know exactly what I'm talking about, and those that don't, just think rapid.  We spent a couple hours getting money at the bank, went out to see the Royal Livingstone and the Zambezi Sun, had dinner at the Waterfront Lodge, and the went to see the Lunar Rainbow.  We decided it would be unfair not to show Carol and Laural the lunar rainbow since we were already there.  Ian and I got to see it two night in a row.  The amazing thing about this rapid tour was the number of animals we saw.  We saw an elephant crossing the road, a giraffe family with a newborn calf, a herds of zebras and impala, baboons and monkeys.  I have never seen that many animals on the road between Livingstone and Victoria Falls.

Dinner at the Waterfront was great.  The sun was setting as we sat down and we were right on the Zambezi.  I had warned all to use insect repelant so the meal was delightful.  If you ever come to Livingstone, that is a very good place to stay.  The moonbow at Victoria Falls was great again but perhaps only 20 people there.  There was a group of Ole Miss Rebels.  It is a small world!

We got up this morning and headed back to Namwianga.  We passed at least three big groups of monkeys.  They are the first I have seen on that road.  The afternoon was back at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home