an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fun Times




We had visitors from Lusaka yesterday.  Alfred ???, the only audiologist in Zambia, accompanied by two visiting audiologists (I'll get the names later) from Purdue University drove down to see what we were doing.  They arrived just before supper and had a long visit with Beckie.  They are planning a two-week audiology trip from Purdue to Lusaka beginning next summer.  They spent the morning with us before the five-hour drive back to Lusaka.

Last night, while Beckie was visiting with our guests, Ian once again shared our smore treats with Justin and Webster.  They roasted the marshmallows over the brazier they use to keep warm at night while they are watching the houses.  It was 3.8 degrees Celsius (39 degrees Fahrenheit) yesterday morning and even I was cold.  I think this is the coldest I have experienced here in Africa but this is their winter.  They say it will continue to get colder.  I just keep thinking how hot it is back in Arkansas and I decide that this is perfect.  We moved our movie night into the Meagan’s House.  The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency is a great one to see while we are here and those that saw it really enjoyed it.

Some of the students found another chameleon and took it to The Haven for Ian.  He carried it away and is keeping it for Webster to see.  Webster has asked him to show him one again this year.  Zambians are taught that chameleons are dangerous and to stay as far from them as they can get.  They are always amazed that Ian is not frightened of them and are always surprised that they are not dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home