an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tonga Lesson

Ian is trying his best to learn Tonga and really is doing a good job.  I, on the other hand, am struggling with the language as I always do.  I do have some good words however that I will pass on.  I do not know how to write them correctly but can use the International Phonetic Alphabet to indicate how to say them.  For those of you who do not know IPA, I will say them when I return home.

"Big Cook" [muˈdʒiɡə muˈpɑti] - (the name many use for Ba Leonard)
Chameleon [ˌnɛɚrəmˈtɑmweɪ]
Tonga water spirit [ˈnjɑmɪ ˈnjɑmɪ]

Ian has many more but will post some later.

It was very cold again this morning so Ian built a fire.  I don't think it was as cold as it was yesterday, but close.  We don't have water again, but we have electricity.  As they say here, "W. T. Zed" (Welcome to Zambia).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home