an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, June 18, 2012

The Falls


Only two events were on the schedule for today.  After a great breakfast at the Portea we headed out to Victoria Fall.  Everyone had been to the Falls for the moonbow but this was their first time to see it in the daylight.  It did not disappoint.  The sun was at just the right angle to get a great rainbow shot in the dry.  Following the dry shots we put on our rain gear and headed into the wet.  The mist and the spray covers everything and you end up soaked.  I had our cameras in a large storage bag, but got splashed once while I had it out.  I have worked to dry it out all day and hope I was successful.  I slipped on moss fairly near an edge and had my life pass before me at one point.  I also hiked all the way down to "the boiling pot" at the bottom of the falls.  It was very dramatic.

Ian did some shopping at the Victoria Falls Curio Market and bargained for a great chess board.  Unfortunately, it will not fit in any of our luggage.  I will figure out something however because it is a great board.

When we returned, Ian and I went on into town to do some shopping.  I picked up several items that I needed to take back home, and a great Zambian nativity set at Kubu Crafts.  It remains one of the best places to find crafts without all the bargaining. 

At 15:30 (3:30 pm) we headed out to the Royal Livingstone for High Tea and the sunset.  It was majestic as usual and always a treat, especially after our time in rural Zambia.  Following the tea experience, we go down to the deck and watch the sunset.  There is something special about watching the sunset where we can see the mist from Victoria Falls.

Tomorrow we head out early for Botswana and our safari.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home