an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, June 15, 2012

Last Work Day

 Today was our last day at The Haven.  We get so attached to these kids that it is really hard to say goodbye.  As a matter of fact, I will bet you that most of the HIZ-Path students head back up there tomorrow after we have packed up the crate.  We always have Ba Leonard and Ba Harold make cakes thanking all the Aunties at The Haven for all they do and for their patience around us.  We see and hear them doing many of the things we have trained them and the kids are really responding.  We all grabbed our special kiddos in Haven 2 when we took this photo. 

Beckie gave the final exam in the class and the GAs are grading it as we speak.  We need to print out certificates for those that successfully complete the class so I guess we will work on that tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the electricity went out again around 17:30 (5:30 pm) until 20:30 (8:30 pm) tonight.  Kel made some popcorn over the fire.  I think the Hambys like popcorn as much as I do.  It was enjoyable, sitting in front of the fire listening to Zambia stories again.  I will really miss that.

Tomorrow we pack up and clean and get ready to leave after Church on Sunday.  We will spend a week in Livingstone before heading back to the States on Friday.  I am looking forward to the showers at the Protea Hotel because we still don't have water. We are lucky it is winter, if you catch my drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home