an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Different Adventure

This blog has always been about our adventures. We've posted during our two extensive periods in London and our four or five Zambia trips. The main purpose was always to document our experiences for ourselves but we were often able to share with those interested. We will not be traveling much anymore, but we are in the middle of another adventure. 

In 2013, Keri was diagnosed with vascular dementia. We had known for awhile that something was wrong. Her balance and perception were off and she had stopped driving. She had just turned 54. 

I guess I began noticing things as early as our 2007 trip to England. For my birthday that year, she wanted me to show her exactly what I wanted. I selected a china coffee mug and we spent a lot of time talking about it. Several days later I unwrapped a different mug. I just shrugged it off but it seemed strange. Later, when we arrived back in Searcy, she couldn't quite pull off our dessert event, "Just Desserts".

I started a diary to document everything but decided to destroy it last year. It was too depressing and I decided I didn't want to remember all the details. This will, I hope, look at the good times we will continue to have. Of course, I'll mention the challenges, but we will continue to laugh and live as long as God gives us breath. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home