an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Boy Scout Camp

I fly in from Africa on Saturday morning, jumped in the car, drove to Searcy to get Keri, then to my mom's to take care of the lawn.  Unfortunately, the lawn mower stopped and I couldn't get it done, but I tried.  Mom has had someone fix it and I will try maybe this Saturday.

One of the surprises of my return to the States involved walking into a cleaned house.  Apparently many of our friends banded together with Keri's sister and arranged everything.  Alesa took Keri to Little Rock for a week, Martha kept Patience, and a team of people came in and cleaned.  It was an overwhelming job because we had given up.  I am very grateful but am also very embarrassed.  It's one thing living like that, but it's entirely something else when someone knows.

I am now at Camp Rockefeller, volunteering as a Camp Commissioner.  It is such a positive experience being with people who are not playing politics, people who have a goal of providing a quality program for the campers and who are not making decisions because it shows who is in charge.  I really need to be here for awhile.  It is hard work, but the reward are tremendous.  Ian is Mountain Bike Lead and seems to be doing a great job.  I enjoy watching him but I still worry about everything.  I love that kid.  This is a photo from the Dining Hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home