an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

"Why Can't I Be Normal?"

We drove to Sherwood to see Kathy Donahue receive her Wood Badge regalia last night. I served as her Senior Patrol Leader and got to present her certificate with Kurt and Sue Bender. It was a good evening and Keri did well. Unfortunately, it was dark when we left the building and Keri couldn't see. She panicked at the steps so we found a ramp. Kathy had one hand and I had the other. Later, as we drove, she started crying. When I asked what was wrong, she answered with "why can't I be normal?" She went on to say that I had to do everything for her. She calmed down fairly quickly, but it made my sad. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home