an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sad Day!

Mom called early this morning to tell us that Sammie had died. Sammie was her beloved cat who came as a stray and decided to stay "no matter what." She had belonged to a neighbor who had to go into a home. Mom started with a box on the front porch to eventually a honored place in the house. Sammie developed "tick fever" late last year or early this year. Numerous trips to the vet could not help the heavy breathing and weight loss. We buried her next to Snoopys pen near one of Mom's gardens. Mom is wanting to get a plaque or something, which we will help her do. My initial fear was that Mom would start fading after this, but I'm feeling like she might bounce back. She certainly will miss her constant companion. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home