an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

My Son, Ian

Ian is an extremely intelligent. He is also a very caring young man. He takes wonderful care of his mom when he needs to. He has certainly taken a different track to get to where he is today. I had so hoped that he would get some support at Harding Academy, but that seldom happened. He never measured up to their expectations but they were never willing to help. For example, HA had a rule that you couldn't wear cloths with holes in them. That was a rule we certainly agreed with. We were unprepared for the day he got in trouble for wearing a knit polo shirt with a hole. The hole was the size of a pencil lead and was typical of wear. Ian had to wear another shirt because that shirt "violated the rules."

Anyway, he has become very interested in bouldering, something I would call rock climbing. He tied for third place in the advanced devision several weeks ago, and attended a climbing event near Birmingham, AL this past weekend. Here is a photo of him bouldering and a pumpkin he carved for Zion, the climbing gym where he works each week. I really am proud of him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home