an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, July 14, 2017

Hospice (5/25/2017)

I had a care team meeting scheduled at Greystone this morning. Keri's screaming has created problems here and they gave three alternative care options. 1. A new drug for pseudobulbar palsy that will hopefully deal with the symptoms ($750 per month), 2. a dementia care facility, or 3. Hospice. I was not prepared for hospice and couldn't help crying. I think we will go with hospice because that then covers the drug costs. I'm glad Alesa was here and I wish Ian had been here to hear the discussion. I'm scheduling a meeting with the Greystone hospice man and I'll make sure Ian is at that. No kid should have to go through what Ian has had to deal with during the last 5 years. I'm convinced that this has led to his behavior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home