an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, July 14, 2017

Such Precious Time (5/19/2017)

Keri's screaming has not subsided. She had a rough morning yesterday but had settled down by the time I arrived at 11:00. She enjoyed her okra for lunch but had no time for anything else. Greystone transported her to see her neurologist and I met them there. They changed her meds some but nothing else. They said that at the rate she is declining, she could live another year or two. I knew it, of course, but it was still a shock to my system. Keri slept most of the time. They transported her back and during supper she started getting upset again. It all seemed to be directed at me. I would ask if she wanted another bite and then she would bat my hand away when I tried to give it to her. Ian arrived at that time and I excused myself and headed home. Fortunately, it was cool last night and I opened the window and took a couple of sleeping pills and got through the night. 

I got a call this morning from Greystone and they said Keri had another bad night and they had consulted their psychiatrist who prescribed some new meds. We shall see. I discovered yesterday that our insurance does not cover prescriptions given at a "long term care" facility. Our Human Resources is looking into it but it appears that my out of pocket drug costs for Keri could be around $1000 a month. 

I came home at lunch and the air conditioner was working. It probably kept me from having a breakdown. I worry if/when it will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home