an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, June 29, 2009

Camp Tahkodah

Ian is away for two weeks at Camp Tahkodah. He has been going there since he was 8 and feels like it is his "home-away-from-home". The only difference is that he has always attended Session 4, but due to scheduling, we could not do that this summer. He is now with an entirely new group of kids and he is a little apprehensive about fitting in. Of course, I think he will adjust fine and have a huge number of new friends. But I'm the Daddy and my job is to worry (which I'm pretty good at). In just the first few minutes we were there, he spotted a kid that was sitting apart from the others and asked this kid to be his "buddy" during the free swim time. We miss him a lot more when he is away then he misses us. The good news about this week is that it is supposed to be much cooler. Meanwhile, Keri and I get some time together.

Whoops, almost forgot about Charlie (the robin). We let him out of his cage each morning and he flies around the backyard until we get home. Then he comes back for some special attention and juicy worms. He seems to be a lot more independent each day, and assume he will not come back some evening. We hope the added time will make it possible to fit into the world of wild birds, but I guess we will never know. Right now, he comes if Keri or Ian call him. He just ignores me (a skill taught him by Keri and Ian).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home