an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, June 26, 2009

Space Camp Graduate

I can now brag about my son, the Space Camp graduate! I went to the graduation ceremony this morning at the Clinton Center and listened to the teachers brag about the students. It made all the parents proud. However, the highlight came afterwards when one of the directors of the Center sought me out and asked to speak to me for a minute. She said that teachers were not supposed to have favorites, but if she could, Ian would certainly be the one. She also said that "he is intelligent, inquisitive, and polite." She predicted that "he will accomplish anything he sets his mind to, and I don't worry about the future with children like Ian coming along." She asked that he consider applying for the Clinton Canter scholarship to the NASA Center Space Camp. Needless to say, I was very pleased (and proud). People keep telling me this, but the purpose of a Daddy is to worry.

I picked up some of the HIZ-PATH returnees last night. They were tired but seemed to be very happy that they had gone to Zambia. I am looking forward to hearing more about their adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home