an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Northwest Arkansas

I am spending a week in Bentonville, AR, teaching an undergraduate class in Normal Language Development. The class meets every night from 5:30-9:30 and Saturday from 10-3. I am finding it very difficult to cram an entire semesters work into a week of class time and some online work. I'm afraid my students heads were spinning last night, but I think I got most of them calmed down. One contacted the Registrar at Harding to see about dropping, but I think she will hold on.

During the day, I am getting to explore some of Northwest Arkansas. I see why Arkansas is called "The Natural State." I tend to forget that while I'm cooped up in Central Arkansas. Monday, I went to Mount Magazine with my Mom and brother. It was good to spend time with them. I am looking forward taking Keri and Ian back. The Mount Magazine Lodge is absolutely fabulous. Everyone who is reading this must come and stay for awhile. Of course, you had better be saving up some money.

Today, I went to Pea Ridge National Battlefield. It contains 90% of the original Civil War battlefield site. It is as well preserved as Shiloh or Vicksburg. It has certainly changed since I spent time there as a Boy Scout (can you say 40 years ago?). I must figure some way to get my Scouts up for a hike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home