an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, July 27, 2009

Winchester to Richmond to Williamsburg

The Hite Family Reunion chapter has closed and it's time to continue our adventures. We headed out of Winchester fairly early this morning on our way to Richmond. I have wanted Ian to see the Museum of the Confederacy and the Executive Mansion of the Confederacy before they were crowded out of Richmond by the medical buildings that are totally surrounding them. It has been 15 years since Keri and I visited and it was truly amazing the changes around the Museum and the Mansion. It was a great thing for Ian to see. There was a very strange "fish" in front the Museum. I understand the images painted on the fish. I do NOT understand what a fish is doing in front of the Museum of the Confederacy.

We took the James River Road from Richmond and made plans for a visit to some James River Plantations some time this week. We found our little Priceline hotel and were truly delighted. The hotel is the Budget Inn Williamsburg and it's located several blocks from Colonial Williamsburg. It is surrounded by trees, has a wonderful pool, and is restful with a microwave and frig. I think I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home