an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, July 11, 2009

War Eagle Mill

Today was my last chance to explore Northwest Arkansas during this visit. I headed down to War Eagle to see the last working mill in Arkansas. I had not been to the mill since the mid-70s, shortly after it had been restored. It is certainly a must-see for any trip to this part of Arkansas. I bought several packages of grits and several jars of Arkansas jams and jellys for gifts. Certainly a unique place to visit!

It reminded me that this is the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games weekend. Many of our friends are there this week for Thistle School. We stopped going when Ian started attending Camp Tahkodah. I really miss going and must figure out some way for us to get back. Today, a friend sent us a YouTube video of John Middleton presenting Robert Burns "Address to the Haggis".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home