an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Here They Go Again!

Well, the Tulli are off again. We are in Northern Virginia for the next week. As Vice President of the Hite Family Association, an organization of descendants of Jost Hite, the first settler in the Shenandoah Valley, I am in charge of the family reunion every three years. It is a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. The event is held at Belle Grove Plantation, a Hite Family property owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. We all return to the Plantation for three days every three years to relive history, meet cousins, tour family properties, eat, etc. Keri, Ian and I will get it all set up to begin this coming Friday. The great thing about this week is that we get to explore every nook and cranny, and almost feel that we are living at the Plantation. I will keep an ongoing account posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home