an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, July 25, 2009

It has been a busy day filled with meetings, a ceremony, a banquet, family trauma, and just about everything else it is possible to cram into a single day. The highlight, however, has to be the Sons of the American Revolution dedication at the Hite Family Cemetery. It was very dramatic with a color guard, taps, and all the trappings of a ceremony honoring a dead hero. Toward the end, the Master of Ceremonies approached my seat on the front row of chairs and presented me with a flag and certificate honoring Major Isaac Hite, Jr. "on behalf of a grateful nation" as one of the heros who earned us the freedom we now have. I accepted it on behalf of all Isaac Hite Descendants and the Hite Family Association. At the banquet tonight, I presented it to the Board of Belle Grove as a repository of the memories and belongings of the Hite Family. I think Ian was impressed. I know I certainly was. There was a Revolutionary Era flag flying over the cemetery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home