an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Can't Sleep

It's 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. It's not unusual, but it is still disturbing. It always seems that all the weight of life descends in the wee hours. I read (until I finish my book) and then resort to other things. Tonight, it's these comments, unimportant to anyone but me. I guess I'll sync my mobile Bible app now. I was noticing that my Strongs Bible notes were not appearing on my iPad tonight in Bible class. Now there's something to do at 2:17 am. 

We are not now that strength which in old days 
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,-- 
One equal temper of heroic hearts, 
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will 
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. 

These are additional verses taken from Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson. I used earlier verses in my header. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home