an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Buonanotte, buonanotte amore mio

It has been a rough day. Keri is continuing to digress but we are determined to make the most of each day. She had an accident in the A-Building this morning that was so bad, it was noticed by some. I took her to the bathroom, cleaned up as much as I could, changed into the cloths I always carry, and then came back to the cabin for a shower. This embarrassed her and she has been down all day. We only have a couple more weeks here and I have no idea what we will do. I no longer have her to talk to and I miss my best friend. We try to laugh whenever possible but it is getting harder to get her to laugh. 

I said that I would not let this slump into depression so I need to stop writing tonight. One of our favorite Italian songs is "Buonanotte Fiorellino" by Francesco De Gregori. We first heard it in Vernazza, Itally, sang by one of Robbie's friends. Keri and I then went out on the dock and watched the full moon over the harbor. It was a magical evening which we remember every time we hear the song. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home