an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wednesday Rambles

Anna and Renata with David Shackleford
This photo was posted on Facebook recently. I just had to capture it. Anna and Renata worked at the Villa when we lived in Scandicci, Italy. They were very special to us and took such good care of everything. We later had the opportunity to host them when they visited the States. In 2007, when we stayed at the Villa for several days at Christmas, we went to visit Renata at her flat. She hosted us for lunch and sent us off with a gift bag of Italian Christmas treats. I've always thought of Renata as Ian's Italian Nonnie.

This afternoon, we are headed off to Silver Dollar City for our annual Christmas light trip. I'm not sure how this will go, but we plan to give it our best shot. I will rent a wheelchair at SDC and we will go at a slow rate. Keri can get up and explore if she wants to, and we can get inside and get warm when we need to. Ian is going with us so we plan to make the most of our trip. Who knows what the future holds. Friday night we have Christmas with the Garners and then Christmas Day, we will drive to my Mom's for several days. I sure hope everything remains calm because my nerves are completely frayed!

Blogger is still a problem on Apple products and it is impossible to post on my iPhone or iPad. I so wish I could post on a day-to-day basis as events occur. As it is, I try to post on my Mac as often as I can. It takes a great amount of time, even on the Mac, but I will keep going. I suspect that Blogger is no longer updating because Google is no longer supporting it. I really need to print it all off, just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home