an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, November 21, 2016

Thanksgiving Week!

Today Ian and I are going to Careway to have lunch with Keri. This is their Thanksgiving meal that they share with families. Keri is looking forward to it and is dressed in her pumpkin top and matching socks. She cried several times this morning and it was hard to redirect her. It began with taking her pills, of course. We are going to need to do something about her emotional health. We had a rapid, unexpected trip to Mom's on Saturday. I am convinced she just wanted company, but it may have been OCD concern about winterizing her cabin. It was a good trip, but, once again, I got nothing done here. The campus is shut down this week for Thanksgiving and there is no one here, but it is a good time to catch up on some stuff. I especially need to attend to little things like paperwork. It looks like I will never catch up. It looks like I will repeat my resignation at Alberta Children's Hospital so many years ago. I resigned effective the end of June. It took me well into July to complete all my paperwork. Such is life with a procrastinator.

The Christmas Season begins in several days. Keri, Ian, and I hope to go to Silver Dollar City for the Christmas Festival. We will need to obtain a wheelchair for Keri, but I'm determined to do it. We are making every minute count. Our friend, Stacey Peters (AKA Santa Pete) just released his newest portrait. It is perfect, so I wanted to post it in this blog so I would have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home