an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Silver Dollar City

The Tullos Family with Ian's new camera and a timer

It is Christmas Eve and I am sitting her by the tree waiting for Ian to get up and/or Keri to call. It has been an amazing week. Wednesday, we went to Silver Dollar City for our yearly "lights" trip. I wasn't sure we could do it this year, but Keri was so excited when I mentioned it. We always stay at the Cardinal Hills Cottages about a mile from SDC. They are little self-contained cottages that are decorated up for Christmas. We rented a wheelchair and headed out. I underestimated the strength it would take to push Keri up the hills and to hold on to her when we went down. We didn't get to ride the train or see the Living Nativity because of the crowds, but we saw the lights and A Dickin's Christmas. We were there from 1:00 until 9:30 and had a funnel cake, hot chocolate, and hot apple cinnamon bread. I'm afraid it may be our last trip, but I tried not to think about that.

Last night we had the Thompson Family Christmas (although Nannie is now gone). It was a fun evening. We stayed until 11:00. Keri was quiet and just watched. Jeff's wife, Tasha, helped her open her gifts. We will open our gifts here at the house Christmas morning, then we will go up to my mothers for several days.

I'm so trying to get the Christmas Spirit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home