an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Surprise Post!

Last Sunday was a rough day. Keri continues to digress and getting to Church is never easy. There are even some Sundays that we don't make it to morning worship and go straight to class. We did make it this past Sunday. I was surprised to read about us in this post. There were many comments and many people recognized who she was talking about. I sent her a private message thanking her for her kind, kind words. It gives me something to live up to.
Cheryl Taylor White
I am not going mention names...but I want to tell you a story. Sunday morning, we got there late..and I did NOT get to sit in my usual pew!!! So the 4 of us squeezed in a row and sat behind a couple. They are not old..I repeat...they are NOT old...but something has happened to her and she is not quite herself. He helped her stand when everyone stood. He helped her sit down. He broke off the communion cracker...he handed her the little cup. We sang some new songs...but when "The Old Rugged Cross" began, she looked at him and smiled...she sang...she knew this one..it was familiar. He smiled back. During the sermon, she got tired...and leaned over on his shoulder. His shoulder was steady and strong. The events happening in the pew in front of me were more of a sermon than can even be preached. It was commitment. It was unconditional. It was "I'm not going to leave you even if something happens to you." It was..."I'm going to be here even if other people our age are off travelling or finding new hobbies or hanging out with friends." It was...for better or worse..and this was worse. It was "I will love you if you don't know the words or can no longer remember to break the cracker." It was love. It was awfully cold outside..but those 2 warmed my heart. What a blessing to witness. I'm so thankful I did not get my usual seat....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home