an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Twas the night before Christmas...

It's 8:15 on a Christmas Eve and I've just gotten Keri in bed. The stockings are hung (actually I can't find mine or Allowat's, but I have Keri's and Ian's ready to go. I have the stocking stuffers ready to insert and the gifts ready to put under the tree. It's going to be a "Santa delivered" process as opposed to a wrap and display for weeks. It will be a calm and nice Christmas morning. Unfortunately, Ian knows most of what he is getting and Keri has mainly cloths and "useful" stuff. I do have her the Belleek annual bell, a tradition we started before we were even married.

I am watching an Ophra Winfry interview of Michelle Obama. She is such a gracious lady. I think the Obamas have done a good job. They are intelligent and articulate. I honestly fear for the next few years. I have no intention of publicly criticizing the Trumps but I am really worried about what will happen to us as a country, and to Keri and I as aging, middle class adults with a degenerative disability.

Ian has gotten into the shop at ASU to work on some Christmas projects. He didn't get a lot done, but maybe he can finish a cup for his mom. I so want this to be a nice Christmas that Ian and I will remember with no regrets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home