an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, October 13, 2017

Goodbye Mamaw (9/26/2017)

I don't dream much, or if I do, I don't remember them the next day. However, I woke up to a dream this morning of my grandmother, Gladys Rusk Chrisman, my Mamaw. It was bizarre and involved getting a riding lawnmower on the balcony of a nice hotel and the struggles to get it off. From there it evolved into all of my family coming to the hotel to see us before we headed out for a flight, all still at the hotel. I was going to travel with Alesa and Dave Garner but I got separated from everybody at the hotel. When I finally made it back to everyone on the ground floor it turned into the gate at the airport and my Mamaw was there to see me off. We walked together holding on to each other, talking, until she gave me a few pieces of candy. Then I woke. It was a sweet dream which fills me with longing. It may be an emotional day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home