an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, September 08, 2017

Goodbye Mr. Parks (9/3/2017)

I came up to Mom's yesterday to help with the yard. In casual conversation, Mom mentioned that Mr. Mac Parks had died. When she showed me the obituary, I realized that he had died shortly after we talked with him on Saturday, August 12. He was at his usual post at the exit of Walmart and his last statement to me was asking if I would be at Church the next day. Apparently, he wasn't feeling well and went to his truck during break. That is where they found him. He was such a kind man and I enjoyed knowing him all these years. His daughter Mittie was one of my undergrad students. He will be missed. 

Ian has deserted me. He is 20, but he appears to have moved in with Sarah. Of course, he doesn't talk to me about it. He just leaves me awake at night waiting for him to come home. This is certainly not the life I had expected to lead. Of course, I understand that "home" is not where he wants to be since his mom has died, but it breaks my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home